Sunday, July 27, 2008

My extended family

I had the honor this past Saturday to work on my brothers house. I think throughout the day there were about 7 people there that stopped in to help out. The really cool thing is that all the folks that helped out were Christians. The family of Christ. My extended family. How cool is that. It was fellowship. Talking about the things of the Lord while remodeling a home. My brother has been working on his house from dawn to dusk every day but Sunday. A couple of times last week a guy named Tim stopped by to help out. I met Tim a couple of weeks ago. He does not live anywhere near Speculator, in fact he is on vacation. On vacation working, knowing there is a need and doing more then his part to fulfill that need. It is so cool to see a man who loves the Lord on vacation working with my brother on his house. Tim, if you ever read this, thanks. Just you being there has ministered to me. I know my brother thanks you too! All of the folks that have helped my brother out in his time of need have done so to help their "brother" out. Most have families, some larger then others (Ted), all have jobs and other responsibilities, but they take their valuable time to help. They may not know it but they are ministering to those around them, they are sharing the love of Christ, the love that Christ has put in them, love that they would not be capable of without Christ, because He first loved us! Thank You Father for the love you have put in us. Thank You for calling us to you. Thank You for loving us first. Thank You for my extended family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohhh brother...clearly you didn't see the 'help' I offered (grin!)(there is evidence on the front window trim) Yet, it was and IS the grace of God that puts brother with brother for a moment...for a season...
I knew I was looking to spend some time with the man who was used to train/disciple/love my brother 'C'...but it was MY encouragement to meet a fellow follower of Jesus Christ...much like me...I thank our Good and Gracious Shepherd for bringing us together, Rob. I think with much brotherly affection of the 'Peck bros'(troublemakers of Speculator NY!) Lord-willing me and my boys will be back soon and often. ( I need serious improvement with those clay pigeons! ;)