Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lead by Example

As you may or may not know I have been working with youth since I was about 18 years old. I have such a desire to see young people come to know the Lord and then live for Him too! I had the opportunity this morning to attend a ceremony at Deerfoot Lodge where a young man (now 25) who I worked with some as a youth was honored for not only his many accomplishments at camp but for growing into a man of God. This young mans name is Noah and I am so proud of him! This morning he stood in front of his family, friends, peers, the leadership at Deerfoot and all of the campers and proclaimed to all of them that his goal is in life is to not be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. Here is a very gifted young man who wants nothing other then to glorify his God! I wish that some of the young people in my life now could have experienced the conviction and dedication in this young man! I was very fortunate to have my son Tyler with me. I tend to worry a little bit about where this old world is going and what kind of effect it will have on my Tyler. It was very encouraging for me to see Noah up there this morning. I can't wait to see what my God is going to do with the life of Tyler! I pray for Him all the time that he will have a love for Gods Word, a love for the lost, a heart for ministry. Noah is a great example to all of the children who saw him today. He is a great example for Tyler. I pray that his example will point others to the truth of Christ. Thank you Father for the people you put in our paths to help encourage and strengthen us.

No comments: