Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jesus and Judas

I have been slowly reading my way through "The Gospel According to Jesus" by John MacArthur. It is truly a blessing. I am at the point in the book now where Jesus is interacting with Judas at the last supper. Jesus says that there is someone at this table who is going to betray me. NONE of the other 11 know who Christ is talking about. That is amazing to me! Judas has spent the last 3 years of his life with these 11 men, yet they don't have a clue that he is apostate! Publicly Jesus treated Judas the same as He treated the other 11. Can you imagine? Jesus knew from the beginning it would be Judas, yet He treated him no differently. Talk about perfect love! I am sure that we have people in our churches very similar to Judas. I thank God that I don't know who they are or what they are capable of because it would be that much harder to love them, my love is far, far from perfect! I also thank God that I have a Savior who loves me perfectly! Amazing love how can it be that you my King would die for me!

1 comment:

Lisa J. said...

Hey - good post. Al's coming out tomorrow - woohoo!