Thursday, July 10, 2008

Moody and prayer

I know I have said this before and I will say it again! It is awesome how God works! Yesterday I was reading my friend Chris's blog http://www.forthesakeofthecalltetm.blogspot.com/ . He has a Spurgeon quote on there that talks about prayer and how important it is to pray for our pastors. Last night I came across a couple of quotes from D.L. Moody in a book I am reading and I want to share them with you. The quotes are on prayer and the importance of praying for our pastors! How cool is that! I guess that God is trying to tell me that I need to be praying more for my pastor! Here are the Moody quotes.

"I have noticed, in traveling up and down the country, and after mingling with a great many ministers, that it is not the man that can preach the best that is the most successful, but the man who knows how to get his people together to pray."

"If the man who is your minister preaches the gospel, you stand by him, pray for him. What a help it is for a man that is preaching to have a lot of people in the pews praying for him."

We need to be in prayer for our pastors! Moody was a man that spent much of his time in prayer in fact James M. Gray (the second president of Moody Bible Institute) said that Moody "spoke to God as if He were a man around the corner, who could be addressed and touched like a real human friend." Father draw me closer to you every day. Be more real to me every hour. Make me more like you every minute. Help me to love you more every second.

I know that prayer works. I also know that I could and should pray much much more! I will be making it a point to pray more for my pastor! I hope that you will too!

No comments: