Friday, July 11, 2008

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about how selfish many of the young people in our society are today. My friend had many stories about just how selfish these could be. It was very disheartening! Not only were some of the kids selfish but they could not see it! To them it was normal! At snack time last night at VBS I got a glimpse of this selfishness too. It made me mad! It is unbelievable that there is so much selfishness! I just can't fathom bringing up my son in such a way that this type of behavior is acceptable, even favorable! I am blown away! Whatever happened to Phillipians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 50 or even 10 years ago this type of behavior would not have been tolerated! We need to pray for our youth! We as Christians need to stand for what we know to be true and do our best to instill biblical values and morals in these kids! It can be very frustrating! But these young people are the future of this nation. They will be calling the shots. They will hopefully be spreading the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that our kids will grow up to love the Word of God, have a love for others and have a heart for the lost!

No comments: