Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sinner to sinner

Do you or anyone else you know of struggle with sin? I sure hope that I am not the only one! I hate it but yet I do it. Knowing that I hate and still do it makes me hate it all the more! I know that Paul had similar struggles. In Romans 7:15 he talks about just such a problem! "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." It is so good for my heart to hear that I am in such good company! Paul also says in 1 Timothy 1:15 "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst." Like I said good company! Although I would be tempted to argue that I am the worst, Gods Word is inerrant so I will be forced to agree with Paul! I think that if we were honest with each other we would admit that we struggle with sin more then we would like to admit. I talked earlier in a post about how important it is to pray for our pastors. I want to talk now about how important it is to pray for each other! Often! The longer I am a Christian the more I realize the importance of prayer! I do my best to pray daily for my friends and family and I am doing better now then I ever have. I will continue to do better still as grow closer and closer to my savior (I hope!). Father help me to pray more for those that I love! Help me to grow closer in my communion with you to pray without ceasing!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I am praying for you, Rob, and I am excited to see what God is doing in your life!