Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fresh and New

As most of you know I grew up in the Adirondacks and I still live here. I am continually surrounded by my Saviors beautiful creation. Lakes, mountains, streams, trees, and wildlife are all very abundant. Having lived in this beautiful area my whole life it can be very easy to take all of this for granted. It is sometimes stale. I see a lot of folks traveling through town stopping here and there to take pictures and admire the beauty. Its funny how I sometimes look at these people and laugh at them as they admire this beauty that I take for granted. How is it that I can take this beauty for granted!

I have also been a Christian for most of my life. I got saved when I was 9 years old. I have heard the Gospel my whole life. The beautiful Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ has surrounded me since I was a kid. I have had struggles in the past, where ,like the scenery around me, the Gospel has been taken for granted. It's become stale. I hope and strive to keep the Gospel new and fresh in my life like the folks that travel through here taking pictures and admiring the beauty. I want to be the one taking pictures, admiring the beauty of the Gospel of my Savior. I pray that what my God and Savior have done for me is always new and fresh. Father please help me to love you more and more every day! Draw me closer and closer to you and help me to see how helpless I am and how awesome your grace is!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad you could come today...it was nice. I think my mom loved it.

Anonymous said...

laughing...I didn't have my camera handy, but my cell phone took a lot of sunset pics over the past 2 wks...something about being 'fresh and new'...yet, I have wonderful sunsets right here in NJ...yes...I said New Jersey...the sun sets here too. ;) I'm glad that you noticed the tourists taking pics...His grace and goodness is Beautiful in NY and NJ and ...all throughout His creation.
Rob...I'm truly rejoicing in your role/privilege as Tyler's dad. Very cool!