Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dry Spells

Well, it has been about a week since my last post and at this point I just feel like I don't have too much to say. My Mom has always told me that "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all." I'm not so sure that this applies to blogging! I have found that it is much easier to write about the Lord and what He is doing in your life when you are either being tested or when you are being blessed or seeing answered prayer. I feel that I have spent the last 6 years of my life being tested or refined (for the most part). The blessings came when Ty moved up here. Please don't misunderstand me here. I know that every day is a blessing. I know that Jesus Christ is a blessing, I know that because He chose to call me to Himself is a blessing. I also know that testing in and of itself is a blessing. I guess that my point is that there seems to be a lot more testing in my life then there is blessing. Now, I am NOT complaining. I am just stating the obvious. I believe that this is true for most Christians. If I am off base let me know!

Now, an after thought. I was listening to Macarther the other day and he said that he was in a room with a bunch of other reputable well known theologians and he said that they could not agree on what was necessary for salvation. This really got me thinking. One very clear picture of salvation is the thief on the cross next to Jesus. First he defended Christ and then he asked Jesus to remember him when He came into His kingdom. Luke 23:40-43 follows. 40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[f]"
43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." To me that is pretty clear. Faith alone. But, what is faith? Actions speak louder then words. Do you think that if this thief next to Christ were to somehow escape death after this brief interlude with Christ he would have have gone on to lead a luke warm christian life, or would he have been radical for Christ. He would have been radical. There would not have been any doubt that this man was a christian. He would have showed all that looked that he was a christian by what he did, by his works. I have become a very strong advocate of "Lordship Salvation" in the past couple of years. I believe that faith alone is all that is necessary but this faith is in the Lord of the universe and it is giving Him control, making Him Lord, not a bystander. There should be evidence in your life that Christ is your Savior. In the parable of the seeds I believe that the only saved seed is the one that fell on the fertile ground. The others not, seeds may have been planted, but there was never any fruit. If you think you are a christian and there has never been any fruit in your life, it is time to examine your life and figure out just who your lord is. Jesus is not just your ticket to heaven and then go on living however you want. Jesus is the son of the only God, sacrificed for our sin. Accept Him for what He is, Lord. Father help me to live my life in such a way that it is evident to all that You and You alone are Lord of my life.

So much for the dry spell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother...He is LORD whether we acknowledge Him or not...What grace...what mercy...that He leads us to see and know Him...our Creator...our Life...our Treasure!