Monday, June 9, 2008

V.O.M.

Last night at church we had a gentleman come and share with us about the persecuted Church. He represented Voice of the Martyrs. The violence in this world toward Christians never ceases to amaze, shock, sadden, and convict me. We just have it too easy here in the USA! To be a "Christian" here all we have to do is look like all the other "Christians". What do all the other "Christians" look like? To be completely honest with you, I don't know that I can answer that question! Most of the "Christians" here look like every other person I see. They all dress the same. Act the same. Talk the same. In a nut shell I don't think I could tell a "Christian" from a non-christian unless of coarse we were in a church! Then I could easily tell because everyone who goes to church is a "Christian"! Right? My point is, that here in America we are all "Christians" because it costs nothing. What is the true cost of being a Christian? Well, we give our lives to Jesus totally and completely. It may not mean too much here sometimes but it has a very different spin on it in countries where giving your life to Jesus could very well mean your life! Once word gets out that you are a Christian you life and in some cases the lives of your family are in danger. Sometimes these Christians are horribly tortured. I just read an article about a Christian having his fingernails (all 10 of them) pulled out! There is very little doubt that these people are Christians. You see, I can tell you that I am a Christian and Jesus is Lord of my life and have no fear that there is someone behind a tree with an AK-47 just waiting to kill me and my family. In fact there are times here when being a "Christian" is trendy! How dare us! How can we take what God did for us on the cross so lightly! Jesus is real! He really did die on a cross to take away our sins! He really did raise from the grave and He really does sit next to His Father in heaven! He really does love us! He really does want us to give our lives to Him! We are not supposed to look like every other person walking down the street! Our lives should make a difference for Jesus and His glory!

We need to pray for our brothers and sister who are being persecuted for their belief in Jesus Christ. I would encourage all of you to check out www.persecution.com/ . Their lives are making a difference! Is yours?

No comments: