Monday, June 23, 2008

Randy Alcorn

I just finished reading a book called the "Treasure Principle" by Randy Alcorn. What an awesome read! It's a small book that I finished in about 2 hours. Small books that change your life and the way you look at key parts of your christian walk are great! This particular book is about giving. A very tender topic in today's society! There is kind of a "don't ask don't tell" feel to giving today. Well, how are we supposed to learn to give if we are not taught? If we don't talk about it? Randy talks about giving to get rewards. Rewards that will be waiting for us when we get to heaven. Stack those treasures up in heaven where you will have an eternity to enjoy them! I have been struggling with the issue of giving. I am selfish! He also talked about how your heart follows your money. For example: Spend all of your money on yourself, you are important. Spend too much money on your home, you guessed it, your home is important. All that we spend our money on is important to us. I want to spend more of my money for Gods purposes. I want Gods blessings. I want my Heavenly Father to be more important to me. I want me to be less important! Oh...all the times I talked about "my money" I know that its not really mine at all, it's Gods money. I wouldn't have anything if it weren't for my Creator! There is so much more in this little treasure of a book! Read it if you want your life to be changed for the better! On a side note! Alcorn also wrote a book called the Purity Principle. Also very good! I read it 3 times! Get reading folks!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I have read this, it's great. Have you read Money, Possessions and Eternity ? Even better. (But you won't read it in two hours.

Rob Peck said...

I have not read it yet. It is on the list...and the list is way too long!