Saturday, June 21, 2008

deerfoot

Well, today I dropped Tyler off at Deerfoot http://deerfoot.org/. It is a christian camp for boys in the Adirondacks. It is about 5 miles from my home. My boy is for sure growing up in a hurry! This is his third year at DL. The two previous years when it was time for Daddy to go, he cried. It was terrible! It was so hard to leave him! This year? He took it like a man, albeit a little man, not a tear shed! I am so proud of him! I will miss him so much! (I already do) He will be there for two weeks! I'm sure I will miss him more then he will miss me! He is going to be very busy indeed!

I little history break.
I was a camper at DL lightyears ago. As a matter of fact I got saved at DL! As you can imagine deerfoot has a very big place in my heart! I was a camper for 4 years and then worked there as a counsoler for a year. Some of the best times of my life! The history of Deerfoot is awesome. The current camp director was a counsoler there when I was a camper. I knew him as Chief Ron and so does my son. I have many friends that I was a camper with that I am still friends with now! How cool is that! Folks I grew up with two weeks at a time, then worked with and now are sending there kids. Tyler is friends with the kids of the parents I was friends with 25 years ago! How cool is that! I will say it yet again, I am so blessed!

I did take some pics but you will have to wait as I can't find my USB cable! The pics will follow...I hope!

No comments: