Monday, June 16, 2008

Frustration!

As I sit here at my parents home, looking at the Sacandaga river gently flowing to the south, I am troubled. There is so much going on in my mind. Way to much to share it all with you!! There is however, one part of my mind that I want to share and I would really appreciate some input! I want you to think about it for a while and I want you to share with me! Here we go! I know that there is absolute truth. Gods word is absolute truth. I believe that with all of my heart. I believe that God and His word are the eternal truth. 2nd Timothy 3:16 talks about all scripture being God breathed, God wrote it! God is truth! God's word is truth! Absolute truth! I know this and I hope that you do too! I have a question though. Is there absolute right? Is there absolute wrong? Don't misunderstand me here. I know it is absolutely wrong to steal candy from a baby. I also know that it is absolutely right to help an old lady carry her groceries. My question has more to do with the grey areas in the middle. Are there degrees of right or wrong? Are there situations and decisions that we make that aren't necessarily right or wrong? Can my conscience be clear no matter what I decide to do or how I decide to deal with a certain decision? Do all of the decisions that I make have to be right or wrong? Let me give you an example from my life. I am living in a situation where I don't know what is right. I really do not know "what would Jesus do?" It is something that I struggle with daily. I really don't' know what to do. Whatever I do is bound to hurt someone. The easiest solution would be to let things go the way that they are. Is that the right decision? Is it wrong? I don't know! My son Tyler really wants to live with me and go to school up here. He currently lives with his mother in the Albany area. I believe Ty would be happy here. I also know that he needs his mother. Ty does spend about 50% of his time up here with me. I know he won't be able to see his mom that much if he lives up here. It gets a little more complicated then that but you get the jest of my dilemma. What is right? Is there a wrong decision? I pray about it often and I still don't know! It is indeed frustrating!

No comments: