Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bio's

I may be beating a dead horse here but this is what is important to me!!

I just spent the last hour and a half downloading different biography's off of www.desiringgod.org. These are bio's of some of the great Christian men in history. Pastor John Piper studies the lives of these men to share them with you and me. I wonder if any of these men ever thought that their lives would be studied by others. I really don't think so! These men live humble lives viewing themselves as the worst of sinners. These men lived their lives in such a way that their lives made a difference, not only historically but also eternally! Did Edwards think that we would look back at the way that he lived and the things that he did and try to learn from them? Did Luther rebel against the Catholic church for his glory? Did Brainerd minister to the Indians just to prove he was a man? Did Moody or Spurgeon preach to the thousands just to lift themselves up? All of these men did what they did for Gods glory! We make decisions every day. What are those decisions based on? The decisions these men made and the lives they lived were not only to bring to bring glory to God, but to share that love with everyone their paths crossed. I don't know that I can say that about my life and the decisions that I make. I do pray that eventually I would be able to say that I live my life completely for my savior. My selfishness prevents me from doing so. My flesh is so strong. Help me Father to live my life for you and you alone! My intent here is not to lift these men up as perfect. They were sinners just like me. They are however men to look up to. I have been blessed by looking into some of these men's lives. I have been challenged to live my life according to Gods eternal word. I thank God for the lives of these men!

No comments: