Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Blogging

I am being discipled by a very dear friend of mine who once told me that he wanted to start a journal. He told me that you can learn so much from writings and journals of people who lived long ago. He also bought me the journal of David Brainerd as proof. I agree with my friend 100%. You can indeed learn much about a person by their writings. Not only can you learn but you can also be largely encouraged! There are a lot of godly men in our history who pored their hearts into their journals. Granted, they were probably not meant to be published, but it is beautiful to see the joy these men had. Especially in Brainerds case! He was a very sick man who managed to praise his God for everything in his life! This sick man spent his christian life on the mission fields to American Indians in the 1700's. It didn't matter how sick he was. He was obedient to God. He praised God. He adored God. He wasn't angry for being so sick. He was forever worshipful! I for one can learn a lot from a man like that! I have a God who loves me enough to sacrifice His Son for my sin, I live in the United States, I have shelter, health, food, clean water, family, friends, church, freedom, the list goes on and on. Yet it is so easy to complain!

As guys we are often "too tough" to share our emotions with others, especially if it's another guy. Well I would like to thank my friend for caring for me enough to share his life with me and let him know that I love him. I praise God for godly friends!

No comments: