Thursday, June 19, 2008

Friends

I am starting to notice more and more that I have many, many "friends" who claim to be Christians. Most of these friends live their lives as they want to. They say they are Christians but there is no evidence. I was just looking through my Facebook friends list and there are many who profess Christianity. There are very few who actually live it. When my friends look at me do they think the same thing about me? I like to think that they could not possibly think that about me! I am sure though, that some of those friends, friends that I don't see very often do think that about me! How convicting! I do my best to live my life to glorify God. I also fail miserably more often then I would like to admit. My true friends know the real me. They know my struggles, they also know that I love Jesus. My friend and I were talking the other night about heaven. I truly can't wait! Life is hard. Sin is inevitable. I want to be in glory with my Heavenly Father. I want to know Christ better, I want to see Him and fall at his feet and praise HIM for His love for me, for what he went through on the cross for me! A wretched sinner who doesn't deserve even a second look from a holy God! Thank you Jesus! Thank you Father for choosing me. I don't deserve it for a second! I deserve hell, eternal damnation. Yes, I am a sinner. Thank God I am a sinner....saved....by grace. I praise you Jesus. Help me to live for You.

No comments: