Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Struggles

Have you ever had one of those times in your life when things just don't click? You feel as though you are stuck in the mud? Not moving anywhere? I am really struggling with that in my spiritual life right now. I am in a bit of a dry place. I'm absorbed with me. I am the most selfish creature on the planet and I HATE IT! Why is it that my needs are more important to me then the needs of those that I love? Isn't' it amazing how sin just creeps in? A little thing here that is no big deal. Then another little thing. None of which are sin! All those little things start to add up and take our minds off of what really matters! That IS where sin comes in. That is where our minds are focused anywhere but on God. Sometimes I think that I am making myself an idol. Not that I am truly worshiping myself, but in my mind, in my secret place, I am the most important thing on this planet! I have to keep reminding myself that I'm nothing! I'm the worst of sinners! I don't deserve any of this love that God sent His son to die for! I am so unworthy! Hebrews talks about drawing near to God with your whole heart. I know that is all I need to do! Lord please help me to draw near to you with my whole heart! I need you!

I have rambled long enough! I hope that this post is not jumbled as my mind is!

No comments: