Saturday, June 7, 2008

Consider it pure joy

Trials. We all go through them. Some people more graciously then others. I would like to share some scriptures with you. I Thess. 5:16-18 says " 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." James 1:2-4 talks about trials too. It says to "2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. This can be, and many times is, very tough medicine to take. It is a lot easier to quote those verses to someone who is hurting then it is actually apply them to your life when you are hurting. I have been run through the ringer more then once. I do my best now to look at life through scripture. It is a very hard thing to glorify God when we are hurt. My brother is currently going through a very tough time. I have had the opportunity to talk to him a couple of times and he is exemplifying the above verses. He is truly a testimony to me and I love and respect him for it. I know that he is walking in the spirit. I know that he is "considering it pure joy." I know that he is "giving thanks! " What a testimony to the power of Gods grace!

No comments: