Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Me me meme

Why do I blog? That is a question that I have given a lot of thought to. There are a number of reasons. Writing often makes it easier for me to understand my thoughts and emotions. If I write something down, it forces me to actually think about what I am writing. It is easy for me to just file stuff away in the back of my mind and then just forget about it. Another reason I blog is to be as transparent to others as I can. I want the real me to be known. I try to be honest with everything I post. I pray that God will use the things I write here to work in the lives of those who read it. Who knows, maybe someone will even get saved by what is published. Pride, I know that there is a part of me that wants to impress those who read what I write. I have been thinking a lot about pride as of late. It seems the more I look at me life the more I see it. The more I look at me the uglier I am. I just pray that when people look at me they will see less and less of who Rob Peck is and more and more of my Savior. I know that pride will always be something I struggle with. I am starting to believe that pride and pride alone is responsible for most if not all of the sins I commit. I can't wait for glory. I can't wait to be glorified. To never even be tempted to sin. Come Lord Jesus Come!

No comments: