Sunday, August 10, 2008

Matthew 22:34-40

Today in church we talked a little bit about love. The above passage, though not mentioned this morning, is Christ Himself talking about love. It says "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." All I could think today while I was listening to Pastor Ed was that I sometimes struggle with loving others. As pastor said this morning, many Christians would give their life up for another, but would they inconvenience themselves for that same person? I really think that I would lay my life down for another. The inconvenience is something different. I sometimes have a hard time bring myself to talk to someone different then me let alone love them! Why is it so hard for my flesh to love! Christ loved the unlovable, I have a hard time talking to them! I believe the answer to my condition lies within the greatest commandment. It says to love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, and mind. I know that when I am seeking God it is easier to walk in His commandments. I know also that when my walk is not so close I have a much more difficult time doing all of His commandments, not just loving. Father please help me to walk closer to you every day. As I seek to love you, instill your love in me so that I can love others better. Matthew 6:33 says "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." I know that If I do seek Him first I don't have to worry about Him not answering my prayers, as long as they go along with His will! Psalm 51:10 says "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." That is my prayer.

No comments: