Monday, August 4, 2008

Anonymous

I have a friend who has a blog that seems to get a lot of attention from anonymous people. These anonymous people rarely have anything nice to say, in fact the attack what we as conservative evangelicals hold most dear too, the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These folks call themselves "Christians" and some of the may very well be born again, but actions do speak louder then words. If they are indeed members of Christs family, they are for sure on the left. I have heard mention of civil partners, universalism, feminism, and the list goes on. Posting an anonymous comment is a lot like taking a swing at someone behind their back. It's almost like they are ashamed of the comments they leave. If you can't own up to what you have to say then why say it at all! The more I study God's word the more I see that His church is very exclusive. Matthew 7:13-14 says "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. The liberal and emergent churches seem to think that no matter what you believe as long as you can make scripture say what you want it to say is enough for salvation. Can you bend scripture to say that homosexual relationships are of God? Anyone can take just one verse and make it seem true. Can you make scripture say that living a worldly life is what god wants for us? The true test though is to take scripture and use the rest of the bible to interpret that piece of scripture. Does it fit? Can you take that one verse that you cling to and then look at the rest of what God has to say and make it fit? Chances are that if you are sitting on the left, you can not. We have a God that does not change. He has been, is, and always will be the same. If He hated sin in the old testament, guess what, He hates sin now! Because of original sin, we are all guilty of sin. God hated sin then and he still hates it now. I thank God that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for my sin. My sin that separates me eternaly from Him. My sin, idoltry,adultry, lying, cheating, stealing, coveting, hating, anything that I have done in the past separates me from God. My only way to Him, to a pure relationship with Him is through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the perfect sacrifice for my sin. That is my only hope. Without that I am destined to an eternity in hell. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." I don't care what your denomination is, the gospel of Jesus Christ is the one and only way to heaven. I thank You Father for your sacrifice! I thank You for my salvation. I thank You Jesus that You are the Way the Truth and the Life, nobody comes to the Father but by You!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post - great points!

Lisa J. said...

Hahahaha - seriously it is a good post. And I left the anonymous comment. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen brother...that's my only hope too! He didn't come anonymously, though He did come humiliating Himself for me/us...He called me by name - Am I unashamed to follow where HE leads and believe what HE says in His Word?

'My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood...and righteousness'! Thanks be to God.