Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Lost loved ones

As my friends and family know, I have been divorced for about 6 years now. This is something I often struggle with. From what I have seen in scripture I feel that I did have biblical grounds for the divorce so that I am comfortable with, though I do often second guess that decision. I struggle with knowing that I am a failure. I was the spiritual leader of my family, I let my family slip away. I feel that if I had loved the Lord as I do now things could have been different. If I had loved Nancy the way that I know I should have, maybe she would not have looked for happiness elsewhere. I pray for Nancy all the time. I pray that she will return to Jesus, that she will see that the world has nothing to offer. I pray that she will see that true happiness is only from the Lord. I know that many of you reading this pray the same for her and I thank you. I sometimes pray that the Lord will bring her back to me so that we could be a family again. That would indeed be a miracle. Our relationship is often stressed and I know that my testimony has been tarnished a number of times because I let my feelings get in the way. I know that God can and does use me in spite of my short comings and I praise Him for that as I am often a bumbling idiot! I pray also that Nancy will someday be able to forgive me for not being the man that she deserved. I praise God that He loves me even though I fail. I know that He is control and I praise Him for that too.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE that you pray for her! All things are possible...I sometimes have prayed that same thing.

Anonymous said...

Brother, its good for me to see your heart...thanks. Its also a great encouragement to see the humility of Christ in your surrender to Him.

So you're a bumbling idiot too?perhaps that's why our Father brought us together this summer! BTW, there's a club you might be interested in...the BIB. I used to belong to the old chapter, but I'm now part of a new chapter...the SBIB. There are many of us, though we are referred to as a few. We most often meet on sunday mornings around the globe. The SBIB?...that would be the Saved Bumbling Idiots Brotherhood (we have absolutely nothing to boast in, save Jesus Christ crucified).

You are a new creation brother, the Spirit testifies of this to me through our fellowship. You've been a great encouragement to me.
Remember..."Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Keep praying for the wife of your youth. God can do anything...and very often does. To God be the glory!