Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sparkling clean

This morning I was reading in John 13 about Jesus washing His disciples feet to show them how important it is for Christians to be servants, no matter their station in life. If Jesus the Lord of the universe is washing feet, how much more should I be doing! I wanted to share this passage with you starting at verse 6 and going through 11, it is beautiful.

6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, do you wash my feet?” 7 Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.” 8 Peter said to him, “You shall never wash my feet.” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no share with me.” 9 Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!” 10 Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.” 11 For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, “Not all of you are clean.”

Clean or not clean, that is the question that we all have to answer. What a beautiful picture John paints for us. I long for my Savior. Oh to hear Him say "because of Me you are clean! " A sinner like me clean, as white as snow, because He who was from the beginning cared enough to die. I stand in awe. Thank you Jesus. Help me to serve you better and therefore serve those around me better too.

No comments: