Friday, November 7, 2008

Friendly Fellowship

As a rule I am not a conversationalist. I do not like being with large groups of people, I guess I feel out of place, awkward. Unless forced, I have a hard time meeting new people and making new friends. I dread reunions. Class reunions, family reunions, way out of my comfort zone! Avoid at all costs! Danger!

Well, last night I had the opportunity to catch up with some folks that I have not seen or heard from in 15 years! I was nervous! I was really not looking forward to the forced conversation or the consuming silence that accompanies me in times like theses!

I had an awesome evening! The fellowship was sweet. We were able to share some testimonies, talk some theology, and share some of what had happened the last 15 years. I can truly see us becoming fast friends. I praise God that He overcame my fears. If it were not for our shared faith in the Lord Jesus I believe that last night would have turned out much different! I would have been uncomfortable, out of my comfort zone.

I know that through my relationship with the Lord that I am a new creature! The old is passed away, new is come! (2 Cor 5:17).

No comments: