Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thankful

I just recently finished reading a book called the Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent. It's a book that talks about how important it is for all Christians to live in the Gospel. We can never know it too well! It is awesome to think that our just God looks as us as Christians as righteous through the blood of His perfect Son. I rejoice in the fact that it is not by my works that I am saved but because of Him who came to save me. There is nothing I can do to better my position with God. When I sin, I know that I am being disobedient to my Heavenly Father but He continues to love me and look at me through His Son because I am washed in the blood.

This morning at church we looked at scripture from 1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus is sufficient. God is sufficient. Gods word is sufficient.

Believe it of not I still sin! I am so thankful that my God does not hold that against me! Thank you for defending me Jesus Christ, the Righteous One!

No comments: