Wednesday, October 1, 2008

John MacArthur

I have been wading my way through MacArthurs "The Gospel According To Jesus" for quite a while now. It is indeed a book that I would recommend if you have not yet read it! There is a part in this book that talks about the "two gates", the "narrow road", the "wide road" that are spoken of in the Gospels. Jesus says in Matthew 22:14, that "Many are called, but few are chosen." That really caught my attention. With the easy believeism that is taught today it is easy to see the many who are called. It is easy to see those who call themselves "Christians" and then go on to live their lives however they want. All you have to do is say a prayer "accept Christ" and you are saved, go ahead, live however you want. It doesn't matter, you said your prayer. You are heaven bound no matter what you do. The Gospels talk about the narrow road that is hard to find and has few people on it. I believe that the "wide road" is full of folks who have paid their "fire insurance" with a prayer and really believe that they are going to heaven. That is, after all, what they have been taught. If they would only pick up their bibles and read for themselves! Look at the gospel that Jesus proclaimed! They would see that Jesus actually turned people away! He did not tolerate the self righteous! He was very critical of the Pharisees. If you were not willing to give Christ you all He did not want you. He wants complete denial of self! "Take up you cross and follow Me" no matter what is the devotion that Christ requires. I know that I examine my life often. I want you all to know that in my righting I am speaking to myself more then anyone else. I want to make sure that I am living my life the way my Savior and Lord would want me too. There are areas in my life that I am having a hard time giving up. I also know that with the assistance of the Holy Spirit I am able to concur those problem areas! I know that I am washed in the blood of the Lamb. I know that Jesus is Lord of my life and I know that He is working in my life to make me more like Him. I also know that I have a very long way to go!

No comments: