Saturday, October 11, 2008

Follow Me

I have been spending some time in The Gospel of John. Have you ever noticed how easily Christ calls his disciples? In most instances he simply says "Follow Me". That short invitation is sometimes followed by a couple of other words like "and I will make you fishers of men", or "and you will see". There is no coercion, no lengthy conversation, just simple obedience! Christ lived his life in such a way that it was attractive to those who would follow Him. He didn't need special music in the background playing "I surrender all", or the convincing words of an evangelist, no stories of near death experiences or old men receiving Christ on their death bed. "Follow Me". So simple, not polluted by man. I believe with all of my heart that when Christ says "Follow Me" and we truly make that decision to follow Him, it is a life changing decision. It is a decision not to make Christ lord of your life, we can't make Christ anything! It is agreeing with Christ that He is Lord of our lives, Lord over everything! Lead me as you see fit. I do absolutely agree with Christ! He is Lord of all. Father, please help me to live my life in such a way that I am proof of that fact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like simple refreshing truth statements...especially when they 'shine' in contrast to what I hear too often.

"I believe with all of my heart that when Christ says "Follow Me" and we truly make that decision to follow Him, it is a life changing decision. It is a decision not to make Christ lord of your life, we can't make Christ anything! It is agreeing with Christ that He is Lord of our lives, Lord over everything!"

Amen! and thank you for simply speaking truth...a Christ-centered gospel.