Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sight seeing

This morning I was reading in The Gospel According to John chapter 9. It is the story of the man blind from birth who receives his sight from Christ of the Sabbath.

While reading this it still amazes me that the Pharisees are so stubborn and skeptical of Jesus. They are so prideful and arrogent, refusing to believe in Christ because of there own self righteousness. I need to be careful here because I know that were it not for God's grace in my life, for Jesus calling me to himself, for my election to be a son of God, if I were not adopted (we as Christians are adopted! What a great truth!) there is a very good chance that I would not be any different then the Pharisees. Praise God for His calling!

Simple faith and obedience is all it takes! Jesus spit in the sand, made mud, put it on the mans eyes, and told him to go wash. He did. He was healed.

Verse 25 says, He replied, "Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!"

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see.

Thank you Father for my vision that you have given me! Thank you for my salvation. Please help me never to forget or soften your Gospel.

No comments: