Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lordship Salvation

I just finished reading MacArthurs "The Gospel According to Jesus" I will say again that this is an incredible book that helped me out with my theology. Read it if you have not already! I want to share with you a quote from Tozer.

"To urge men and women to believe in a divided Christ is bad teaching for no one can receive half of Christ, or a third of Christ, or a quarter of the Person of Christ! We are not saved by believing in an office nor in a work."

His point is that when you genuinely receive Christ as your Savior, you are also accepting the fact that He is also Lord. You can't have one without the other! When you are indeed saved you are saved by the Whole Christ. Not just a part of Him. He is Lord and Savior. He demands obedience. Take up your cross. Die to this world. Live for Christ.

No comments: