Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Faithful Father

I would like to share an awesome passage that a friend of mine shared with me last night.

Isaiah 49:14-16 says, 14 But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.” 15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. 16 Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.



God is faithful even when family is not. Indeed He is always and forever faithful! Verse 16 is amazing. I cannot help but think of the hand that my sin helped nail to the cross, yet my name is engraved in His hand forever! He will not forget those whom He has saved.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Don't you love it when a certain verse hits you and speaks to your heart in such a deep, special way? Those are great verses.

Anonymous said...

perhaps my current context and struggle is in a different 'family' arena, but these words of God are filled with life for me today. Thanks brother for bringing me to the Word...your faithfulness here is a display of God's faithfulness- the glory is still and always in the Cross.