Saturday, February 21, 2009

He hath said

This week has been a struggle for me. It seems that temptation is waiting for me around every corner. Sometimes I feel that I am just too easy a target. I need to tighten up this armor that Ephesians 6 talks about! Sometimes those flaming arrows of the evil one seem to have little trouble finding a weak spot. I know that my God is sufficient. I have been studying words like sovereignty and hope. Beautiful, encouraging, awesome, humbling words. My sovereign God is my Hope! My hope is in Lord. My God is bigger then my foe. Why do I fall? I hate that I am a sinner. I am frail and weak. I am weighted down by my sinful flesh that I can not wait to doff!

I have been using Spurgeons Morning and Evening as a part of my quiet time for the past couple of weeks and this mornings was more of what I need to hear. More about hope. Spurgeon used just a small part of Hebrews 13:5, "He has said''.

Spurgeon goes on to say, ''if only we could grasp these words of faith, we have an all-conquering weapon in our hand. What doubt will not be slain by this two-edged sword? What fear is there which shall not fall smitten with a deadly wound before this arrow from the bow of God's covenant? Will not the pangs of death; will not the corruptions within, and the snares without; will not the trials from above, and the temptations from beneath, all seem but light afflictions, when we can hide ourselves beneath the bulwark of ''He hath said''.''

This is beautiful truth that was encouraging to me this morning. All that ''He has said'' will come to pass. My hope is in the Lord. I place my trust in nothing less.

1 comment:

ladyallen said...

Good word. It encouraged my heart today, thanks for shareing.
Psalm 73:28