Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wonderful smelly feet


It is so easy for Christians to live a life of leisure here in America. We tend to be obedient to Gods word...to a point. We seem to have a mindset that says "I'm doing good enough", or maybe "God is sovereign, he can take care of it with or without me." Better yet, "someone else can do it." A friend of mine once said to me, "If not me who, if not now when?'' I think that saying is profound and something to keep in mind the next time the Holy Spirit speaks to your heart about sharing Christ with somebody. Why do you suppose it is that we are so afraid to leave our comfort zone and share Christ with another? That other person could very well be on their way to hell for eternity. Do you care enough for that person? I am humbled to say that there are many times that I don't. I tend to think that, "I know I'm going to heaven and I don't even know that person, whats it matter?'' What matters is obedience. What matters is that Jesus died for that person. What matters is that that person is made in God's image. We should love that person! Love that person as Christ loves them. I had a conversation with someone not too long ago about Jesus and who he was and is. We disagreed. This person had some ideas about Jesus that were not scriptural. I knew that what she was saying was not true but I did not know scripture well enough to show her. Talk about convicting! I assure you that the next time I am presented with questions like that I will be ready! (2 Tim 4:2).


It is my desire to have wonderful feet (Rom. 10:15). To bring the good news. I hate that I fear man. I so long for the return of my king. No more sin! I am also terrified for those who are perishing. I have family and friends who are going to hell and here I sit. It was mentioned at the DG pastors conference that if we as Christians want to have more of a heart for the lost that we should meditate on all that scripture has to say about hell. I'm going to give it a try. I really hope that it works. I want to be living proof that smelly feet can be wonderful feet!

No comments: