Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What would you do for a friend?

What would you do for a friend? Not too long ago I posted on the topic of love. I talked about how difficult it can be for me to love others. I talked a little about dying for a friend and maybe even going to hell for a friend.

I have been reading "All of Grace" by Spurgeon. It is a neat little book written in easy language with the intent of reaching the lost. It so good to see the heart of such a man as he! At one point in the book he is talking about the person who "can't" live a christian life because of the influence his friends have on him. Listen to what Mr. Spurgeon has to say.

"I would do many things to please my friends, but to go to hell to please them is more then I would venture It may be very well to do this or that for good fellowship, but it will never do to lose the friendship of God in order to keep on good terms with men."

This quote, though aimed more towards the unbeliever can still be relevant to the Christian today. How many times have I caught myself doing something stupid just because of the company I was in! Christ had to suffer and Die because of those stupid things! I praise God for all of His grace!

No comments: