Saturday, December 27, 2008

Eternal Life

I was reading this morning in 1 John 2. Verse 25 talks about the promise of eternal life to those of us who trust in the Lord Jesus and the work He did on the Cross.

Eternal life. What a blessed future we have to look forward too! It is so much more then a quantity thing. It is a quality thing! We will be living with the King of Kings! Father God! Lord of Lords! The Lamb Who Was Slain! We will be spending eternity with no sin, no pain, beautiful worship, and perfect communion with our Heavenly Father who created us.

Do you really believe that? Do you also believe in eternal damnation? Eternal torment for those who do not trust in Jesus to save them? Scripture says very clearly that there is a lake of fire reserved for those who did not believe. Hell. Do you believe that?

It seems that many of us do not believe that. At least we do not believe it enough. God has been working pretty hard on me as of late. I believe that there is a real Heaven where God's people will spend eternal life. I also believe that there is a hell where all the rest will suffer eternal death. I have so many friends and even family that are looking at eternal death. Do I love them enough to tell them about Jesus? There is a heaven and a hell, to not tell them is hating them. Is there acceptance of me more important then eternity? Is my pride, my selfish heart in the way?

Everywhere I look it seems that God is telling me to get out of the way and let Me do it. There are many areas in my life that I have surrendered. There are more, many more. I need to get out of the way. I can't do life better then God. Help me father to get out of your way. Help me to surrneder all. Take this foolish pride and fill it with your grace. Help me to love as you love. Help me to love others so much that each and every conversation I have is based on that love. Give me the blodness to proclaim your word no matter where I am.

Please pray with me that we will all love others enough to tell them about Jesus. Let us speak boldly about what it is that Jesus did for us!

No comments: