Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bigger Badder Better

Last night we had a family movie night and watched "Prince Caspian". If you are not familiar with the film, it is based on the second book in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I loved reading the books as a kid and I continue to read them as an adult. There was a part of this movie that really caught my attention and I want to share it with you! Lewis intended the character of Aslan (a lion) to be a picture of Jesus. He is the creator, sustainer and savior of Narnia. Viewed in this light it can be a very touching and sometimes emotional tale. The character Lucy seeks out and finds Aslan near the end of film. She is awstruck at the sheer size of the lion and tells him that he has grown since the last time she had seen him. Aslan says to her with a tender voice "each year you grow, I grow." I think that is a beautiful picture of our relationship of our God. When we grow in Him, he looks bigger to us. Not that He is actually bigger, but our view of Him is! It is so important for us as Christians to grow in the Lord! We are not to be the same! For the Word of God is living and active! It will change us and our view of Him! We are being made into His image! Sanctified!

3 comments:

Michael M said...

I remember that part! I was thimking about that it to! Now that you said that I undersand it! thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've read the Chronicles of Narnia several times, and find the stories deeply moving, especially in light of some of the analogies Lewis employed, like that one.

Rob Peck said...

Hey barry,
Thanks for checking out my blog! I just visited yours and it seems that we are on the same page theologicaly. I look forward to reading more. It will be great to get to know one another some day in eternity! Blessings