Sunday, September 21, 2008

What hat do you wear?

I love hats. I have more hats then I can count. I have wool cowboy type hats, canvas hats, mad bomber hats, straw hats, fleece hats, knit hats, and baseball caps. I have hats that tell you what teams I like, my favorite nascar driver, what types of outdoor gear I like, and camo hats. Hats to keep me warm, hats to keep me cool and everything in between. It is safe to say I have more hats then the average person. You could say I am addicted to hats! I am always wearing a hat. When I am wearing a hat I am proclaiming to the world that I am a Yankees fan or that Dale Jr. is my favorite driver. A hat can say a lot of things about a person. When I wear some of my hats I want to be known by the emblem on the hat. I want to be known as a Yankees fan, I want to be known as someone who loves to hunt and fish. That is one of the reasons that I wear some of the hats I have. The one thing though that I truely want to be known most as is a Christian. That is the one thing that none of my hats say. I should not have to wear that on my hat though! That should be something that is easily recognizable by my actions, by what I do and say. I know that sometimes in my life my "hat of Christianity" is much more visible then it is at other times. I need that "hat" to stay on always and forever! Lord help me to wear that hat every minute of every day until I am with you forever! I pray that the world will not have any sway over me because I am yours, bought by the redeeming blood of you Holy Son. I am an alien here on this earth, help me to live like one! Help me to love others the way that you do and hate the sin in my life like you do too!

No comments: