Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sinner to sinner

Life is really not all that complicated. If you want to be joyful, follow the rules, that is live by Gods word. If you want to be miserable, live life on your own terms. Simple, right? Well, not really. We are human. It is often tempting to try to live our lives the way we want too. This can be done in small ways too. The little decisions that we make that seem too small to give to the Lord are also choices we make to live for the Lord or ourselves. How many decisions would you say you make in a day? 10? 20? 100? Of those decisions, big or small, how many do you ask for the Lords leading? I admit, my percentage is often quite low!

I want to live a joyful life. I know that in order to do so I need to follow the rules. I often compare myself to others, not to my perfect Savior. I often get frustrated because I think people owe me something. I get angry because I am a failure on so many levels. I am a sinner who does not hate sin the way that I should. That means that I don't love my God the way that I should. I don't appreciate the Cross of Christ the way that I should. I don't love others the way I need to. I love me. I love the things of this world way too much. I love money. Making myself look better then the real thing. So often that "Rule Book" is just filed away.

It is often easy for me to look at others and their circumstances and say to myself, "That's the bed you made, sleep in it too". I have a hard time loving others the way Christ does. I have a hard time leaving the things of this world behind and clinging to the Cross.

To sum things up, I am a wretched sinner. Learning what it is to love my Lord and Savior.

No comments: