Saturday, September 6, 2008

I just don't like reading

That is what Tyler tells me every time I ask him to read. He has a book report due sometime within the next month. He does not see the importance of getting ahead of things. He has a tough time seeing that things will soon be busier then they are right now. He does not have the ability to look ahead. He does not like reading. I don't think that I did either at his age! I would not tell him this, but I think he reminds me a lot of myself! I am now starting to realize my parents frustration! Having been away from the school thing somewhat for the past few years this is a new challenge for me! Please be praying for me and Ty as we go through this school year as it has potential to be very challenging for both of us! I love that I have Ty living with me this year and I love my boy so much, I just want him to succeed! I know that I am too hard on him sometimes. I tend to err on that side of the fence. That can be a good thing for a young man, I just pray that he has the godly women in his life that are necessary to balance that out! This full time parent thing is kind of new to me in a very weird non-traditional way! I want to thank all of the godly women who are influencing my dear son! Thanks Mom, Amy, Tracy, Mom-in-law, Sister-in-law, Lisa, etc, etc. These women are so important to me and my boy! Thank you, Thank you! I praise God for each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Katie Beekhuizen said...

I feel your pain. NONE of my students like reading. If Tyler gets a choice, have him find a genre that he likes (sports, science fiction, etc.)

I know some really great authors that kids who have HATED reading, loved! Let me know if you need some suggestions!