Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No more Enemy

For a couple of weeks now I have been listening to Stephen Curtis Chapman's new album ''Beauty Will Rise''. If you are not familiar with this album, it is his first album after the death of his daughter Maria. It is a heart wrenching, thought provoking, album that brings to the surface what many feel as they struggle with the death of a loved one.

I would like to share with you a small part of one of his opening songs called ''Heaven in the Face''.

But in my mind’s eye I can see a place Where Your glory fills every empty space. All the cancer is gone, Every mouth is fed, And there’s no one left in the orphans’ bed. Every lonely heart finds their one true love, And there’s no more goodbye, And no more not enough, And there’s no more enemy.

Every time I hear Chapman sing those words I can't help but praise. ''And there's no more enemy''. I tear up with those words! I long for that day when Satan and sin WILL be defeated forever.

2 comments:

The Blainemonster said...

Rob! It's so cool that we both were pondering this at the same time :). That day will be the sweetest of reunions won't it? A long, sweet sigh of relief. :) We'll have finally made it home.

SandMan said...

I've always liked his music. I cried for his family when I heard the news of his daughter a couple of years ago. I do think that the experience has brought depth to his testimony and music that may not have been there before.

I haven't checked out the new album, but I want to now.

And, the thought of Heaven free from all the things sin has wrought gets me emotional every time I think about it. Revelation 20-22 are some of the sweetest verses in the Bible to me.

Thanks for this.