Thursday, May 14, 2009

Get Your Own Dirt

I once heard a story about a scientist talking with God about how he could create life in a test tube with nothing but dirt. God simply said to the scientist, ''Get your own dirt''. I was reminded of this story today when I read and article titled, ''Scientists May Have Discovered How Life Began.''

I don't know about you, but I take great comfort in knowing that life was created by the Word of God as the Gospel of John states in the opening verses. It is also soothing to read the account of creation as recorded in Genesis. I take great comfort knowing that we have a sovereign God. We have no need to worry a rogue asteroid, global warming or a nuclear war destroying this small insignificant planet called earth. We are so blessed to have the very word of God at our fingertips, so blessed to have the Spirit of God to help us understand the words contained in those holy scriptures! Truth. God spoke all things into existence. That same God continues to hold it all things together!

To Christians this should all be very basic (and important) truth. To the world though it is but folly. Without the gift of salvation and in turn the Holy Spirit they have no prayer of understanding these truths!

I sometimes find it very tempting to scoff at the foolishness of man and science that does not recognize God because scripture is so clear about creation. This is not at all the proper response! If it were not for Gods grace in my life I would be in those very same shoes! I should be on my knees praising the Creator for his calling and praying for that same mercy to be granted to those scientists who are making these bold statements that are so contrary to truth. Absolute truth can only be found in the Word of God. Let us rest there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey... I'm with you man... let them get their own dirt! or bow their knee and hearts to the One who gave them dirt! Glory!