Tuesday, September 1, 2009

''Christians'' in the News

It seems to me that more and more ''Christians'' are making the news. I just read an article this morning about a ''Pastor'' who is encouraging his congregation to pray with him for Obama's death.
"I'm gonna pray that he dies and goes to hell when I go to bed tonight. That's what I'm gonna pray," he told his congregation. You can read the article here. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/31/phoenix-pastor-draws-protests-telling-church-prays-obamas-death/?test=latestnews
How ''Christian'' is that? Where in scripture do we see that we are to pray for anther's death? Where in scripture do we see that we should pray for another to go to hell? Where is the love we are taught about in scripture? I am glad that this is not the way that God feels. I am thankful that Christ died for sinners and provided a way for salvation. He died for all sinners, sinners like you and me. Yes we need to pray for Barack Obama! Pray for this man! Pray for his salvation. Pray for his family. Pray for this nation! My heart is full this morning. Pray for this ''Pastor'' and others like him. Our adversary is strong and very intelligent! Fight on your knees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

that was me, Michelle