Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Together we stand....

I remember as a kid watching movies about knights and kings, fair maidens and sinister villains. There always seemed to be a common theme in these movies. The good guys would be hard pressed, on the brink of udder destruction at which time the hero would give one of those encouraging butt kickin speeches that would undoubtedly end with, ''Together we stand! Divided we fall!''. This speech would unite and excite the troops, there would be a mighty battle and the good guys would be victorious. Ps 86:11 really caught my eye the other day, it reads:

Teach me your way, O Lord,that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.

I know that I have a battle waging in my heart. O how strong are the desires of my flesh! How often I fall to the desires of my heart! I read this verse the other day my heart lept. To me this was the butt kickin speech that I needed! For I am very aware that I cannot stand with a divided heart. My heart can only have one master. Father, unite my heart to fear your name! I know that I can not win the battle on my own. It is by the grace of the Sovereign alone that sin can be dealt with and beaten! My battle cry? ''Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name!'' OK, not really a battle cry, but my cry to my King.

No comments: