Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time well spent

I have been a busy boy! I had a wonderful week in the back country fishing! I had a great opportunity to work with Northern Frontier (a Christian Service Brigade Camp) as a co-counselor (along with my brother Al) for a group of 7 young men. We spent a week with these kids sharing the love of Christ with them in our great Gods wonderful creation!! Many fish were caught and many memories were made. More importantly the gospel was faithfully presented! I pray that many seeds were planted as some of the attributes of God were taught. It was time well spent. I praise God for this opportunity!

I also had the chance again this year to work with a week long soccer clinic that our church puts together each summer. I would say that on average we had 18 to 20 kids each night. Pretty good considering the size of our community! The gospel was clearly spelled out each night. I pray that lives are changed! Again, time well spent.

It is safe to say that much of my life in the past 2 weeks was devoted to sharing the love of Christ with teenagers. It is indeed very humbling for me to think that our Holy God would choose to use a filthy sinner such as myself to accomplish his will here on this helpless planet. Please pray with me that the relationships that were started during these two weeks would be God glorifying and that the seeds that were sown would grow to be maturity.

This has proven to be a reminder to me that I need to live each day in the spirit of ministry not just on those special occasions like Brigade or VBS or youth group. I am a Christian. As a Christian, by Gods grace each day needs to be lived in ministry.

No comments: