Monday, June 1, 2009

With Calvin in the Theater of God


It appears that in September that I well be heading to Minneapolis once again in September! I never thought I could be so excited for summer to be over! It will be nice to be there without the blistering cold temperatures!! I look forward to studying some of the life John Calvin. I have to say though that I am not very familiar with most of the speakers. I would love to hear what you, my faithful readers know about these men! I expect to see all of you there too!

2 comments:

THEOparadox said...

Rob,

I wish I could go, too. I can't, but I'll tell you what I know about two of the speakers:

Doug Wilson - always controversial, sometimes sensational, never dull. He's not afraid to jump into the fray with strong and uncompromising stances on societal issues. He's definitely going to be interesting to hear.

Sam Storms - a really good theologian and popular writer, he's best known as a "Reformed Charismatic" - a theological position he capably articulates using appropriate grace and truth. He's solid, yet creative. He'll be memorable, astute and edifying for sure. One of my previous pastors quoted him incessantly - much to my benefit.

What a blessing for you to be able to go to this conference. If you get the chance, tell JP I gave him a t-shirt. Ha ha ha.

Blessings,
Derek

Rob Peck said...

Thanks for the input brother! I will have to keep my eye open for some of Mr. Storms stuff! I sure wish I had a cool last name like "Storms"! Almost super hero-esk!I will tell "Pipes" if I get the chance! I trust you are well my friend. Blessings!