Tuesday, June 9, 2009

God of Hope

As of late I have been spending time in Romans. I read through chapter 15 the other day. I am so glad that the Holy Spirit had me there! Romans 15:13 says, ''May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.'' We as Christians have hope, not only in tomorrow, but also in today. That became very real to me today. My son was taken to the hospital via ambulance with chest pain. I was out of town doing on the job training and was not aware until after the fact. I was called to an office and told the news. All I could do was pray, and pray I did. The Holy Spirit kept bringing that verse in Romans back to me! We have a God of hope! It is so comforting to know that the God of all creation is in control! He loves me. He loves Ty. He did take care of us today. Ty is home safely and ready for tomorrow! I praise God for the hope that we have in both today and tomorrow through Him who created us.

2 comments:

Michael M said...

That is a very good verse. God had you study it at just the right time! God is a God of Hope. Hope tyler is doing well!

Rob Peck said...

Thanks Michael! Keep growing lil buddy!