Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Selections from Numbers

I just wanted to take a moment to share with you some of what I have been reading. These scriptures have hit me hard and caused me examine my walk. The first is Numbers 12:1-9

1 Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman.
2 And they said, “Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has he not spoken through us also?” And the Lord heard it. 3 Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth. 4 And suddenly the Lord said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out. 5 And the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forward. 6 And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream. 7 Not so with my servant Moses. He is faithful in all my house. 8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?” 9 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them, and he departed.

Verses 7 and 8 are the ones that got me excited. The second selection is Numbers 18:20.

And the Lord said to Aaron, “You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the people of Israel.

I struggle with this because sometimes in my life I feel that He is not enough. He is not my portion. I ''need'' something else, something created. In reality He is more then enough. He is my portion. He is all I need. Why can't I get that through my thick skull! Sin sucks.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agreed brother... Sin sucks. (and my skull seems to be pretty thick too.)