Thursday, March 18, 2010

A New Hope

If you are a Star Wars buff the title of this post may bring back memories of the 1977 original blockbuster hit when nobody had a clue who Harrison Ford was. I grew up Star Wars. I had more Star Wars action figures they you could shake a stick at. I was in love with Princess Leia and terrified of the Dark Side of the force! How the time flies! Life was easy then, none of the hardships we face as adults. No bills to pay or kids to raise or phones to answer. No job, no worries, no problem. The ''innocence'' of youth, were the sky was the limit and the dreams were big. Nobody or nothing to grind you down and wear you out.

Star Wars was not what I was dwelling on when I thought of sharing my heart. A new hope is. The new hope (or new birth) that is available to all who will believe in Jesus. Spring always brings these thoughts to the forefront of my mind. I always look at spring as a new beginning, a new hope. A time to reexamine myself in view of the new creation I am in Christ. Where am I as a Christian compared to where I was last year. Have I changed? Have I grown closer to my God? Am I the same? What have I learned? Where have I grown. Have I been trampled by the dark side or am I clinging to the Light. Self examination is an important part of the Christian walk. Let us grow in His grace!

2 Cor 13:5a- Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah man! Preach to my heart. I'm tired of being waylaid by sin, flesh, whatever... I have Hope! I want to run like the wind to my Savior. 'Christ in me, the hope of glory'.
Thanks Rob... you aging Skywalker. ;)

The Blainemonster said...

I, too, was an early Star Wars addict - my dad took me to "A New Hope" in the summer of '77! :)

But as to the other good stuff you wrote about . . . it seems to me that I'm definitely learning and growing as the years pass. I think troubles get more complicated, but the answers are more simple. I'm not sure that even makes sense, but as my understanding of God's sovereignty and Christ's love grows, things are brought into persepective.

It's also kind of funny that the more secure I am in Christ, the more I find myself examining myself! haha.

Thanks for sharing, Rob.