Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Secretly Selfish

The Holy Spirit has made it glaringly obvious to me that my prayers are often prayed with a heart of selfishness. I praise God for pointing this sin out to me. I often pray for the Lord to give ME strength. Give ME strength to share your love with others. Give ME strength to live a righteous life. Give Me strength to love others as we are commanded. There tends to be a very selfish slant to my prayer that does not desire to bring God glory but to bring me glory. It sickens my how deeply sin is rooted in this flesh! I need to be praying for the Lord to give me HIS strength. I need to earnestly pray for Gods glory so that I am able, through His glory, to live for His glory. I know that it is not the words that I pray. It's a glory thing. It's a heart thing. It's a priority thing. Father give me your strength to live for your glory.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

II Corinthians 13:9
For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. Your restoration is what we pray for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh my justified brother...He did it all...Jesus Christ the Righteous One has justified you/me in spite of what we were. Glory!

...that northbound itch is getting pretty insistent ;)